Dear [my real name],
1) No, you can’t insult Rich People just because they’re rich. It’s just as petty as insulting poor people just because they’re poor.
2) Authors bust our asses writing books, so yeah, we’re sad when you do a shit job selling them.
3) No more summer Fridays? Poor baby.
4) Pointless FYI emails about backlist authors— AWESOME. Good to know your company is a place where no one gives a shit post-release. Or is that just you? It’s hard to tell— should we ask [the company I work for]?
5) Oh, man— you’re right! I did flake on the blog tour. Know why? Because it’s total bullshit that your entire marketing plan is based on me doing more work that you’ll hand out to little nothing blogs and will result in zero sales.
An Author (who is SO GLAD she doesn’t have to work with you)
ok person, you’ve succeeded. you’ve succeeded in scaring me and silencing me. I love my job and won’t live in fear of you reporting me to my company. To everyone who liked my blog, and who realized that I was just trying to vent anonymously and wasn’t ever trying to hurt anyone…please know that no one regrets this decision more than me. I have spent thousands of hours on this site and I hate to see it deleted.
This is too sad for a gif. goodbye everyone. i’ll leave this up for a few hours. and to the person who wrote this message. please, I beg you, do not get me fired.